Road closures for Cape Town Stadium and surrounds during the World Cup have been announced.
On non-match days, for the full duration of the event, the following roads in the vicinity of the stadium will be closed or will have restricted access:
- Granger Bay Boulevard
– Fritz Sonnenberg Road
– Vlei Road
– Fort Wynyard Street
– Ebenezer Road between Port Road and Prestwich Street
In the city centre, Darling Street between Adderley Street and Buitenkant Street, together with the side roads feeding into Darling, will be closed for the full duration of the event to facilitate the activities associated with the FIFA Fan Fest on the Grand Parade.
On match days, the roads listed below will be closed to the general public, including freight and delivery vehicles, from seven hours before the scheduled kick-off, until approximately four hours after the final whistle, depending on security considerations:
- Hertzog Boulevard
– Heerengracht and Adderley Street between Coen Steytler and Strand Street
– Hans Strijdom Avenue
– Western Boulevard up to Beach Road in ThreeAnchorBay
– Sections of Waterkant Street and Riebeeck Street
– Somerset Road from Buitengracht to Ebenezer Road
– Sections of Bree Street, Long Street and Loop Street around Waterkant Street